晨读 All this I did without you

分类栏目:新闻资讯

2882

发布于 暂无评论

推荐微信扫码

有道晨读周一至周日每日更新

All this I did without you

July 31st, 1978

1978年7月31日

My darling McGeorge,

我亲爱的麦克乔治:

You said that things seemed clearer when they were written down.

你曾说过把事情写下来,他们就会变得更清楚。

Well, here with a very boring letter in which I will try and put everything down

那么这恐怕是一封很无聊的信,在信里我会试着把所有的东西都写下来,

so that you may read and re-read it in horror at your folly in getting involved with me. Deep breath.

因此你会在恐惧中反复阅读,为爱上我而感到愚蠢。深呼吸一下。

To begin with I love you with a depth and passion that I have felt for no one else in this life and if it astonishes you it astonishes me as well.

首先,我如此深切热烈的爱你,以至于我此生不会再爱上其他人,如果这让你吃惊,它同样让我觉得不可思议。

Not, I hasten to say, because you are not worth loving. Far from it.

我必须要说,并不是你不值得去爱。远不是如此。

It’s just that, first of all, I swore I would not get involved with another woman.

只是,首先我发誓我不会再爱上另外一个女人。

Secondly, I have never had such a feeling before and it is almost frightening.

其次,我从未有过这样的感觉,因而感到害怕。

Thirdly, I would never have thought it possible that

第三,我从未想过

another human being could occupy my waking (and sleeping) thoughts to the exclusion of almost everything else.

会有一个人会占据我所有的时间(包括睡觉的时候)让我无时无刻不在想她。

Fourthly, I never thought that

第四,我从未想过

– even if one was in love – one could get so completely besotted with another person, so that a minute away from them felt like a thousand years.

会有人,即使是处于恋爱中的人,会如此迷恋对方,以至于分开哪怕一分钟都像相隔千年。

Fifthly, I never hoped, aspired, dreamed that

第五,我从未希望、渴求、幻想过

one could find everything one wanted in one person. I was not such an idiot as to believe this was possible.

能在另外一个人身上得到我想要的一切。我还没有愚蠢到认为这是可能的。

Yet in you I have found everything I want:

但是在你身上我找到了我想要的一切:

you are beautiful, gay, giving, gentle, idiotically and deliciously feminine, sexy, wonderfully intelligent and wonderfully silly as well.

你不但温柔美丽,还性格随和乐于助人,你性感撩人、聪明机灵中还带着点傻里傻气的天真。

I want nothing else in this life than to be with you, to listen and watch you (your beautiful voice, your beauty),

我这辈子只想和你在一起,聆听你的动人声音,欣赏你的美丽容颜,

to argue with you, to laugh with you, to show you things and share things with you, to explore your magnificent mind, to explore your wonderful body,

与你同甘共苦,分享生活点滴,探索你的浩渺思绪和曼妙身姿,

to help you, protect you, serve you, and bash you on the head when I think you are wrong …

帮助你,保护你,服务你,在我认为你犯错了的时候念叨你……

Not to put too fine a point on it I consider that I am the only man outside mythology to have found the crock of gold at the rainbow’s end.

坦白来说,我认为我是唯一一个在神话中的彩虹尽头发现了金匣子的人。

朗读者:Jovi

作者:Gerald Durrell

译者:网络译者

BGM:几米 – 拥有Masbfca

有道看天下

Word to world:用英语视角带你看世界